At Breathe Fitness we value and welcome each guest of the Breathe community. The health and safety of both our members and staff is paramount to us, especially during this pandemic.
This document provides pertinent information for our daily operations with the safety protocols we have put in place to keep everyone safe whilst on the Breathe Fitness premises.
This document is an evolving work in progress that can and will be updated from time to time as required as safety guidelines change and we receive updated information from WorkSafe BC and our local, Provincial and Federal Healthcare offices. We are reopening on January 19th. 2021 under the new guidelines outlined in the Provincial Health Order. We will be operating only low impact, room temperature classes.
Due to covid-19 we have developed guidelines to encourage and support our guest experience and safety:
✓ HOT Yoga, Fitness and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) classes are suspended and cannot operate at this time.
✓ Other non-heated group fitness activities can operate as long as we follow Breathe’s COVID-19 safety plan strictly and follow any additional guidance that is developed once it is released.
✓ Capacity at the Squamish studio is 12 guests with 2+ metres spacing.
✓ Capacity at the West Vancouver is 15 guests with 2+ metres spacing.
✓ Classes are limited to 1 class per day per guest.
✓ Masks are mandatory inside the studio, keeping it on until you arrive at your mat where you can remove it for practice then wearing it again as you exit.
✓ BYOM - Bring your own mat, water bottle, towels.
✓ No hands-on adjustments. We love to help, but will do so without physically adjusting or touching.
✓ As many doors as possible will be propped open to minimize contact on door handles and encourage airflow.
✓ We will be requesting updated PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) information, updated personal and emergency contact information and updated signature for Waiver of Liability.
✓ Prepare to answer the self-screening questions upon booking your class.
✓ We will continue to thoroughly clean and sanitize (UVC light sanitization) the studio before, during, and after each class.
✓ For guests who aren’t ready to come back into the studio or would prefer to stay connected to the community whilst working out from home, we will continue with our virtual Breathe at Home studio through our @breathe_at_home Instagram channel with live stream and on-demand replay classes.
• The instructor responsible for leading each class will be present 20 minutes before classes begin.
• No walk-ins. Advanced booking only. Guests must book their class in advance using the Wellness Living application, Breathe Fitness.
• Access to classes will only be granted to guests that have pre-booked their class, and undergone the self-screening questions.
• Guests are to bring their own yoga mat, towel and filled water bottle.
• Clean indoor runners may be worn for fitness classes only.
• Prepare to answer the self-screening questions upon booking your class.
• Access to classes will only be granted to guests that have pre-booked their class, and undergone the self-screening questions.
• Guests to arrive at least 15 minutes before classes begin.
• Front door locked 5 minutes before classes begin.
• Guests are to wait outside the facility (or preferably inside their vehicles in the parking lot) until they’re welcomed in by the instructor.
• No guests will be permitted to congregate inside the facility.
• Masks are mandatory inside the studio, keeping it on until you arrive at your mat where you can remove it for practice then wearing it again as you exit.
• Hand Sanitization upon entry.
• Touchless sign-in. Guests to provide instructors with their name and instructors will check in attendees on their personal phone making the entire booking and check-in process contactless.
• Membership payments are processed through preauthorized payments so there is no need for in-person transactions.
• Cash is not accepted on site and pre booking is mandatory.
• As many doors as possible will be propped open to minimize contact on door handles and encourage airflow.
• Social distancing is mandatory and supported by Breathe Fitness with clear physical distancing markings on our floors and in our corridors.
• Our studio has designated areas for each guest, spaced 2 or 3 meters of physical distance between each guest depending on the intensity of the class and clearly marked on the floor.
• Our mat & towel service is suspended.
• Limited use of the washrooms is available
• Follow instructor’s directions for exiting class safely.
• In order to facilitate thorough cleaning, we require guests to leave within 5 minutes of their class ending.
• Guests may email any questions or concerns and they will be promptly responded to.
• Studio capacity is reduced to safely accommodate members and instructors using the appropriate physical distancing. Capacities are noted above.
• Our studios are equipped with cleaning solutions and cleaning towels for cleaning and disinfecting.
• Cleaning of equipment is to be done before and after each class by guests.
• Cleaning and sanitization is done between every class and includes;
• The number of participants in each class complies with social distancing measures:
o Fitness classes: Each participant will be assigned to a ‘pod’ for the duration of the group class. The ‘pod’ will be appointed with the equipment to be utilized by the member during the class. Each ‘pod’ is marked off by tape on the exercise floor and spaced a minimum of two meters apart. There will be no shared spaces or equipment. Each member must bring their own yoga mat to the class in order to participate. Clean indoor runners may be worn for fitness classes only.
o Yoga classes: Each participant will be assigned to a ‘pod’ for the duration of the yoga class. Each ‘pod’ is marked off by tape on the yoga floor and spaced a minimum of two meters apart. The participant will simply place their own yoga mat within their ‘pod’ area. No yoga mats will be supplied – each member must bring their own yoga mat to the class in order to participate.
• Capacity at the Squamish studio is 12 guests with 2+ metres spacing.
• Capacity at the West Vancouver is 15 guests with 2+ metres spacing.
• Breathe at Home virtual studio through our @breathe_at_home Instagram channel with live stream and on-demand replay classes is available to all our members to participate from home. These classes are a great option for everyone, especially guests who are at-risk, or who do not yet feel comfortable attending the facility, or due to class size restrictions, or are not able to book a class. It offers flexibility to our members; so no need to miss a workout if you are not able to book a class. Our Breathe community continues to work out and stay connected – safely.
• There will be a 30-minute break scheduled between classes to allow for proper sanitizing of all equipment, touch points, floors and the refilling of cleaning solutions as required.
Infection control and safety
• Cleaning and Disinfecting: in accordance with BCCDC and Vancouver Coastal Health disinfection requirements.
• Cleaning & UVC light sanitizing procedure (done at the beginning and end of each class). UV-C Light now sanitizing our studios in Squamish & West Vancouver. In addition to regular and thorough cleaning after every class, we have also introduced Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) sanitization after every class. UVGI used in a variety of applications, such as food, air, and water purification.
• All high touch surfaces are regularly disinfected. Staff wipes down all high touch surfaces between every class. This includes but not limited to sink faucets, door handles, desk, soap dispensers and toilet handles.
• Along with ‘between class’ cleaning assignments, Breathe Fitness will deep clean the studio, shower and washrooms every day to effectively clean floors, glass doors, touch points and properly dispose of garbage and waste.
• Guests will use hand sanitizer as they enter the studio.
• Guests will clean all equipment with disinfectant provided (before & after class).
• Cleaning towels are to be discarded in the bin outside the studio doors and washed immediately after use.
• Guests will use hand sanitizer on the way out of the studio.
Wearing masks (PPE): in accordance with Breathe Fitness’s control measures policy
• All Breathe’s instructors and cleaners are required to wear masks while on the premises and while interacting with each other and guests.
• Guests must wear masks while lined up outside, entering the studio and in all common areas except for inside your physically distanced spot in the studio. Guests must put on their mask as they leave their mat to exit the studio.
• All staff working in the studio have completed and signed a simple one-time health check declaration form that states that they agree not to come to work if:
• They have any symptoms of covid-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath; or
• They have been in contact with covid-19; or
• They have travelled recently and are currently subject to a 14-day period of self-isolation.
• Additionally, all staff must perform a mandatory pre-shift covid-19 self-screening. All instances of an employee reporting feeling unwell are logged for future reference if required for contact tracing purposes.
• Prior to starting a class, the instructor will conduct the following covid-19 screening with the participants, and ensure no attendees are experiencing these symptoms:
• Have you had a fever or other symptoms of covid-19 in the past 14 days? Including: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion?
• Have you travelled outside of Canada or been in close contact with someone that has, within the past 14 days?
• Do you care for/or have contact with a probable or confirmed case of covid-19?
• Do you care for/or have contact with anyone who has had a fever or symptoms of covid-19?
• Have you tested positive for covid-19, are you currently awaiting results of a covid-19 test?
• Have you been instructed by public health to quarantine/isolate?
• Any participant who answers ‘yes’ to any of the above questions or displays any signs of the above symptoms will kindly be asked to leave and notify us via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Signs posted at all entry points remind members that anyone with symptoms of covid-19 will be turned away. All staff have the right to refuse service to a member should they display signs of the illness. In the event a member is booked for a class, but feels unwell, they will be asked to stay home and the no-show fee for the missed class will be waived.
Health self-screening Checklist
• If you feel sick, please stay home. This includes but not limited to flu-like symptoms or potential symptoms of COVID-19 such as;
• If you have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with someone that has, please stay at home.
• If you have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay at home until you have tested negative.
• If you test positive for COVID-19, please do not attend classes for a minimum of 14 days and return only once your health care provider has said it is safe to do so.
• Practice personal responsibility & safety. If you are in a high risk category or caregiving for someone who is, we understand this might not be the right time to return to Breathe Fitness. By choosing to attend classes at Breathe Fitness, you acknowledge the risks of participating during the global pandemic of COVID-19, even with our increased safety measures.
• Virtual Hugs only. Avoid physical contact and maintain a safe distance at all times.
• Signage has been placed at all entry points to the premises to notify members that they must not enter if they have symptoms of covid-19. Covid-19 symptoms are listed to advise each member that should any of these symptoms be exhibited, they will be refused entry.
• Signs are posted throughout the facility to remind members of the two metre physical distancing requirements, enhanced sanitation procedures and any other instructions and limitations, as applicable.
• Handwashing protocols are posted in the washrooms.
• Comprehensive signage is posted throughout the facility describing Breathe’s safety plan for operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The information in this document is provided in an easy to read sign accessible to all members throughout the facility.
• Breathe’s safety plan and protocols have also been communicated to our members well in advance via emails, on Breathe Fitness’s website and on our social media platforms, providing our guests with information so that they arrive to our premises prepared and fully aware of the expectations during their attendance.
• Additionally, staff has familiarized themselves with all of Breathe Fitness’s COVID-19 safety policies and workplace covid-19 safety plan.
Any staff members that do not adhere to the facility’s COVID-19 Safety plan will receive a verbal and written warning. Repeat cases of non-adherence will result in the termination of employment with Breathe Fitness.
Any guests that do not adhere to the facility’s COVID-19 Safety plan will receive a verbal and written warning. Repeat cases of non-adherence will result in the cancellation of memberships with Breathe Fitness.